Sunday, March 17, 2013

6 month letter


Dear Blaise,

You are six months old. Half a year! You are amazing and I am just so in awe and in love with you, my little man. You've learned so much this month! The growth never ceases to amaze me.

There was one day when me and the boys were in the room with you. You were in your crib, happily playing. We were talking and laughing loudly. Jude left the room. I walked over to you in your crib and noticed you curled up in the corner of the crib. You had grabbed your giraffe and fallen asleep. Windows wide open. Noises abounding. You are definitely chilling out and can still fall asleep in my arms and on the go. Thankful for this.

You have the most adorable belly laugh. And you are laughing! lots! It melts my heart every single time.

You had your first taste of rice porridge (congee). NOT a fan. Not sure whether it was of the spoon or the actual rice that you didn't like.
Then I tried letting you gnaw on a whole banana a couple weeks later and you LOVED it. Literally attacked the banana and ate about an inch within a minute.
So far you've had oats {we're not going to try those again for awhile as you vomited twice after trying it}, banana, butternut squash, carrots, avocado and apple. You didn't really like the apple {you just got introduced to it} but we'll try again. You get solids sometimes once a day, maybe twice. I'm pretty random about it and just go by your mood and appetite for it.

You still tolerate others holding you - even those you don't know. Sometimes you're happy about and make fast friends, sometimes you're not so happy.

Still not sleeping.

You love your jumperoo and will usually stay in for anywhere from 10-25 minutes. It's a lifesaver for Mommy.

You are somewhere between 20-21lbs and ticklish when I pinch the inside of your upper thighs. Cutie.

You roll onto your belly and often in the night will cry because you either don't have room to roll back over or you won't roll back over. I couldn't recall either of your brothers doing this and it took me awhile but then I remembered: it's because they would actually sleep on their bellies. You will NOT. But during the day you roll around and rock back and forth on your hands and knees. You're getting close to actually becoming mobile.

You LOVE the bath now. Baths are so much easier now that you can sit on your own. You sit in the little red tub and splash and hold onto the edges and lean forward and sometimes flip yourself forward onto your belly. I laughed a lot while bathing you last night.

You'll watch tv with the boys sometimes - or maybe it's just that you want to see what keeps your brothers so preoccupied. It doesn't last long, but I think it's adorable to see you watching alongside your big bros.

I love you, little guy. I'm thankful for you and I love seeing your little personality coming out more and more every day.

I love you,
Mama

watch Blaise grow!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, so adorable in dr.seuss! I wish we could watch 'a day in the life...' What a gift you have in this special boy - I felt the same about the others, so now you are triple blessed! xo Mom

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...