Monday, June 11, 2012

seek

we went on safari. it was lovely. but exhausting.


sometimes i feel like i'm in this stage with my two little fellas that is priceless. they play well together. they play well unsupervised. they are creative and funny and cute and absolutely lovable.
and then i feel the complete opposite of that. they fight nonstop. they sass back. they don't obey and they feed off of each other's bad behaviour. they are all the time physically fighting, fighting, fighting. 
how can two boys be so sweet and so devilish all at the same time?

my advice to those with young children (especially boys): take them to the zoo. not on safari. my kids were just there for the snacks. (seriously though, there were some fun moments on safari, but i stand by my advice. the zoo is better for little kids.)

it's a hard stage. but a good one. and i have to remind myself that this too shall pass. the adorable moments of this youth and the hard, difficult moments of training and correcting. 

being pregnant with two very stubborn and very lively little boys is tiring. but i'm seeking two things;
1. that i would abide in Christ. fully. and nonstop. i fail. but it is something i am striving for.
2. that i would be joy-filled. in the hard. and the ugly. in the laughter-filled. and in the quiet moments of contemplation. that i would find joy. 

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.
John 15:9-11


7 comments:

  1. The pictures are so awesome, esp the hippo! What you say is hard, but true! Hang on, God has the bigger picture! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for posting this Vanessa. I felt like I was reading MY life! We are going through the exact same thing/stage right now and just knowing I'm not the only Mom gives me strength! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank YOU. It's good to know other Moms are going through this too! :)

      Delete
  3. I totally remember my brothers being like that, playing so well one minute & fighting like crazy the next. Eventually they outgrew the fighting & just played well or ignored each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to know. I figured that at least. But it's nice to hear that it happens. :)

      Delete
  4. Wow I bet that's tiring AND you're pregnant! Can't be an easy task. Also when I saw that sunset photo my jaw dropped. I SO need to be there. SO need to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! You'd take some killer pics I know!!!

      Delete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...