Saturday, April 9, 2011

weekend update

so apparently we're only through half of the weekend, but I feel like my weekend has been so full already and seeing as I how I haven't posted a picture in a few days, here's a 2-in-1 for ya.

today my mom and I went to London for a baby shower for my cousin. we got to meet her brand-new daughter, peyton. she is such a sweetie and yes - my ovaries were totally itching.

here's my mom taking in her great-niece in all her pink cuteness


when we got home my dad (who was watching the boys as jamie was out at a work dinner tonight) said that noah had wanted to sleep on the mattress in the office so that's where he was.
i walked into the office to get a few of my mom's things that she had left in there to the strong stench of poop. ugh.
noah woke up and said,

there were two grandpas out there and now they turned into a mom.

I laughed and said that yes, I was home now. (I have no idea what the "two grandpas" mean!) I asked him if he had pooped in his pull up (what the? he never does this!) and he said that yes, he had. 
so I changed him but of course he was wide awake now and asked if he could read some books. 
so I weighed my options and decided that it wouldn't be the end of the world if I read him a story or two. 
I brought in a few books and said he could pick two for me to read to him and he said that he wanted to read them by himself.
so I said that he could but that when I came back it would be time for bed.
when I peeked in his room a few minutes later this is what I saw


it absolutely melts me to see that my kids have such a love for books - seriously. I love it.
so now my boys are asleep. jamie just got home. my throat still hurts and we're sharing a bit tomorrow at church about our move to Uganda and both boys are sick. I'm not sure how it's all going to work out, but we'll figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...