Wednesday, March 30, 2011

on being productive

We've been all about packing, sorting, organizing and preparing for our BIG garage sale happening this Saturday.
As I was going through the office closet I found 8 pillows. EIGHT!
I tossed them downstairs and made a "bed" in the middle of the living room for the boys (Jude is sick and Noah's always happy to have a "movie day") and we chilled at home today.
I got some pricing done and some sorting but the way I work (is this the way it works for everyone?) is that it almost always gets messier before it gets cleaner.
So we're kinda living in chaos and disorder.
I realized something about myself recently - or perhaps I put into words and a distinct thought what I had always felt before - I can handle the mess and disorder but the outcome is that I am prone to feeling overwhelmed and I usually end up doing nothing.
An organized, clean house leads to a productive Vanessa.
And that is a good thing.
Now, to get busy "organizing".

4 comments:

  1. Floor bed! Our boys love anything pillow-wise. :o)

    Love how Jude still favours those 2 fingies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, those fingers man. He's a full-on finger sucker. Probably will be hard to break of that habit...
    It's usually more so when he's sick and/or tired.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, it will get worse before it gets better! What I'm trying to figure out is how that will go over with the in-laws whose house it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome pic; how did you get the colour you got in the photo? There's just a really great brownish hue to it all beyond the straight colours of the pillows/blankets.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...