Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday, Jude!

Jude's birthday was so much fun.

I'm not sure where I got it into my head to do a themed party for a one year old, but I figured that I love doing these kinds of things for everyone else, why shouldn't my kids benefit from it?

I also determined to stop if I was getting stressed.

And get lots of help.

And while I was quite busy, I did enjoy it all! My amazing sister came both on Saturday with her husband to help us settle in after 10 days in BC and then again on Sunday night slept over to help me with setting stuff up on Monday morning. I honestly could not have done it without her.

She took care of the decorations, I decorated the cake and prepped most of the food.

And then people started coming. And my Dad made a barn. A barn, people! It was awesome.

Both boys loved it, Jude loved all the attention and family and friends and we just sat and ate good food, talked, took pictures (again, thanks to my awesome sister for taking a whole whack of pictures that I just would not have got had it just been me taking them!) and just enjoyed spending time with each other. Because really...that's the best part about birthdays.
You rarely remember what someone got you a couple years ago for your birthday, but the laughs you share and the jokes that happen...those usually stay with you forever!

Now Jude is still too little to remember much of what goes on these days...but I know that all the love and warm fuzzies are sinking in...letting him know that he is LOVED.

Because there were far too many great pictures to choose from, I made a collage.

Click for more detail.

3 comments:

  1. Yes ma'am! it was an awesome party! and of course, Jamie was the man behind the woman:) you guys are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, Mom.
    Jamie was amazing. He was right there, with the boys, taking care of things and then even cleaned up and told me to put my feet up while he finished up the kitchen.
    Does it get any better than that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, that looks like one great party! I'm stressing a little about the one I need to have but I also just want it to be fun and light-hearted. And yours looks like it was just that! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...