Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Thai Cocount Curry with Cauliflower Rice & beans

Okay so I loved this. I will be making this again. I loved the cauliflower rice and the fact that it's supposed to be "low carb" or whatever is just an added bonus. I did use the food processor method and it works quite well. I did an entire head of cauliflower and it feeds Jamie and I for 2 meals - so basically 4 servings. Jude liked it, Noah, not so much {no surprise there}. Thai food is just so amazing. Even this "easy" version of it is so good. I'm not picky, so I totally gobbled it up! Oh and this WAS super fast. From the time I got home just before 5pm, we were eating at 5:45pm! Amazing. And delish. MAKE this one. You won't regret it.

1 lb. skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cut in bite-sized pieces (I used 2? I can't remember now)

1/2 medium onion, chopped

1 medium red Bell pepper, chopped

1 can coconut milk

Thai spices (I used both curry paste as well as Thai spices)

Salt or seasoning salt to taste


heat some oil in the pan. the amount depends upon size of pan; you want a thin coating on the bottom.

chop onion, and add.

chop pepper and add. stir. cook until onion is getting soft, if it isn't already.

while that is cooking, chop the chicken.

add the spices (including the salt). the amount will depend upon the spice. for a hot paste, more like 2 tsp (I used 2 tsp of curry paste and a generous sprinkling from my Thai spice shaker). it just depends upon how spicy the blend is and how spicy you like your food. stir until the you start to smell the spices.

add the chicken. stir until almost cooked through.

add the coconut milk. {note: this makes a fairly soupy curry. If you want it thicker, just add maybe 2/3 of the can.} bring it to a boil, and simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.

serving suggestion: serve over cauliflower rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...