Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Solids!

Today Jude is 6 months and 2 days old and he had his first taste of solid food.

Rice cereal.

I scooped about a tbsp of rice cereal into a small bowl and then hand expressed some breast milk into the bowl - it wasn't coming fast enough so I added a little bit of water.
And he ate the whole thing! It was quite cute. I didn't take any pictures or video, but I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities in the future for those.

I also pulled out the Potato Ricer my Mom gave me for Christmas that I'll be able to puree foods with. I'm excited to experiment and try giving Jude different foods that I didn't even think of with Noah.

And so begins Jude's introduction to the world of FOOD!

4 comments:

  1. Yay...let me know how the ricer works....wish I'd had one way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for solids...just in time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh vaness...i love how you tell your whole blog world that you hand expressed breast milk. i just love your transparency! :)

    and now I have to look up what a Potato Ricer is. never heard of such a thing - pardon my ignorance.

    miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mel - haha...true enough. I tell it like it is I guess. :)
    A potato ricer is kinda like a giant garlic press that you fit in a cooked potato to make mashed potatoes but you can put anything soft in it to make purees.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...