Thursday, December 31, 2009

Sum it up

2009.
You are almost over.
It really has flown by.
I remarked to my Dad today that when you're older, the years go by so much faster than when you're a child.
I asked him if his memories from when HE was a child are clearer than when WE were kids. He said definitely.
I pondered that perhaps when you're a kid time goes by SO much slower and so memories have more time to sink in. Your brain is still forming and maybe things impress themselves on your memory so much more stronger than they would otherwise.
I don't want for my child-raising days to be a blur. But I've already forgotten so much (thank goodness I blogged so diligently with Noah and am trying to continue for both boys).
Anyway, 2009 has been a hard year.
(Beth, how's the good but hard/challenging but rewarding word coming along?)
But good.
We moved when I was 7 & 8 months pregnant (one move OUT of our apartment and one move INTO our house).
We moved into a house!
We survived multiple flus and colds during May & June.
I had an amazing and relatively pain-free home birth and ended up with my sweet baby Jude.
We've entered the waters of toddlerhood and have tried to figure out how to parent a clingy two-year-old.
I've wrestled (and continue to wrestle) with who I am, how I be a Mom and a Wife as well as the many other "titles" I carry.
I've walked the paths of post partum depression and am walking more and more in the light (though often it feels like 2 steps forward, 1 step back. Moving forward, but often moving a little slower than I'd like to).
I've learned to ask for and accept help.
I've broken down and been built up.
I've discovered 2 beautiful circles of ladies that are becoming more and more dear to me and could not have come into my life at a better time.
There is much light in my life.
And praise be to God that the Light is greater than the darkness.

3 comments:

  1. Yes, Amen! And the Father of Light gives us the gift of friendships so amazing, in women we least expect to find it in!! Yes, His favour rests on you and it is an awesome priviledge! (check out Sundar's sermon from Dec 20th)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a beautiful post!
    love you sweet vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. Asking for and accepting help is something I'm learning to do more and more each day. I wish I could go back in time and ask for more right after Tommy was born, but at least I'm learning to ask more... finally.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...