Monday, July 20, 2009

good eats

Lately I have been baking and cooking and then freezing what I've made to prepare for after this baby comes (whenever he decides he's ready...ahem!) and I'm actually quite excited to eat what I've made:
1. Veggie Pasta Shells
Oh my word, these were so delicious looking as I made them (with the help of my wonderful assistants, Shereen and Heather) but we resisted. It's odd, because I don't usually go for vegetarian type meals - I always feel like a meal is incomplete without meat (that rhymes!) but these seemed so hearty (and cheesy!) that I couldn't resist.
2. Chili
How can you go wrong with chili? Especially one loaded with vegetables, beans and ground beef? This one is going to be good. PLUS I happened to have a round loaf of sourdough bread already frozen so that will be a delicious meal.
3. Shepherd's Pie
I cheated. My Mom made this one for me - but she said it made her house smell really good! :)
4. Muffins, muffins, muffins!
I made blueberry bran, berry bran, and my Mom made raspberry lemon. I'm excited! :)
5. My wonderful friend Jen made me her delicious spinach tortellini soup so that should be great!

Oh and my Mom threw in some Spicy Jerk Chicken which I'm quite excited for!
Tomorrow I'll be baking a spaghetti casserole which sounds hearty and delicious! I forgot that I had defrosted ground beef and it's been sitting in my fridge for about a week so I need to do something with it...it's still okay though, right?

Now if only this baby would show up so we can get the good eatin' on! :)

But that's a post for another time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...