Saturday, January 31, 2009

15 weeks (and counting...)

So lately I've been thinking a lot about having a girl. At first I thought/wanted it to be a boy. No particular reason why other than this pregnancy has been very similar to my first with Noah.
But I did just have a dream that I had a girl, the heartbeat was in the 160s when we heard it at 12 weeks and I think that the more I think and ponder about it, the more I think that having a girl wouldn't be so bad. :)
But the thing that's the most different with this pregnancy is where I am mentally. I mean, with Noah's pregnancy I relished and enjoyed every minute of being pregnant knowing that when he was born, I'd have to say good bye to a lot of things I loved (including sleep!) and that him being inside me growing was the easiest, quietest he'd ever be. I loved him when he was born and was happy to meet him, but I was in no hurry to be done with pregnancy.
With this pregnancy I'm totally fine to be pregnant, but I more feel like "been here, done this" and I can't wait to meet this little boy or girl. I feel comfortable and happy in my role as Mom and I know that adding another one will be more work than I can imagine at this point but I look forward to it.
But I'm definitely looking forward to finding out if we're having a boy or a girl (REALLY excited!) which will probably happen at the end of February I think.
Oh! And I think I felt the baby yesterday. It wasn't a jab or a kick or poke, but more of a slow roll. Like the baby did a slo-mo flip inside me. I'm not sure if that's what it was, and I know I'll feel him/her soon enough but it was kinda cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...