Monday, December 22, 2008

baking, baking, baking!

I didn't take any pictures this year (I probably will tomorrow when I lay out a spread) of my Christmas baking but believe me - I have done some Christmas baking!
My Mom came down to help me because wouldn't ya know it, baking is a lot harder with a 1 year old toddling around than it is with a 1 month old for some reason. :)
Anyway, together we baked up a storm (why isn't my backspace key working?? Grrrr) and I made the following:
1. "Best Fudge Ever" - I didn't name it this, but it is pretty darn good.
2. My classic Cheese Stars
3. Thumbprint Cookies
4. Chewy Molasses Spice Cookies (or as I call them, Ginger Snaps without the Ginger)
5. Peanut Butter cookies half dipped in chocolate and then in crushed peanuts (decadent!)

Sorry about the lack of recipe for the cheese stars. I found the recipe on LCBO.ca in 2004 after I got married and made them that year for Christmas. They were a HUGE hit and I have made them every year since.
I searched online but couldn't find them this year (luckily I've saved it on my computer). If you'd like the recipe you can message me with your email and I'll send it to you.

1 comment:

  1. vaness you're a tank (in a good way)
    looking forward to the pics.
    Merry Christmas! Hope the Strickland/Taylor families have a very Merry Christmas with lots of goodies to share :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...