Sunday, January 27, 2008

reads

Reading update:

I've read a whole whack load of Jodi Picoult books. They are all somewhat the same in that there's law and a court involved and usually young people getting in trouble. Currently I've just started "My Sister's Keeper" which I've heard RAVE reviews about so we'll see if I like it anymore than her others.
I also did read "A thousand splendid suns" and I've made my decision. I won't be reading any more of Khaled Housseini's books. They ARE well written but the stories he writes about are just too tragic and ... hard I guess. I don't generally read books to get depressed but his books just make me too sad. I realize that there are people out there who have these hard, tragic lives...but honestly, I don't really want to read about them. Does that make me a horrible person? Maybe I just don't want to think about the reality that others live in, day in and day out. I don't know...but that's my position.
As for The Birth House, I couldn't get past the 2nd chapter so I put that one down and returned it.
I got my last book on hold; "This is your brain on music" and that will be a vastly different read than the other novels I've been reading.
C'est tout.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...