Friday, October 12, 2007

last day

Today was my last day of work. My official last day.
As I got home from tonight's weekly meeting I was standing in front of the bathroom mirror taking out my contacts and I looked at myself (I was half blurry since I had only taken out one contact which made for a half serious, half funny moment) and thought to myself: "Self...it really doesn't feel like today was your last day, does it?"
It doesn't feel like I now have a year off campus and into motherhood.
Isn't it funny how when you think about the future and possible milestones you may reach that you imagine it will feel all epic and grand and that you'll FEEL different? But when you get there you feel the same way you've always felt. You feel just like you going through *insert milestone here*. Whatever it is. Turning 25, or 30, or graduating or getting engaged or married or having kids or getting your first real pay check or just.growing.up.
When I was a kid I always imagined that by 25 I'd have life figured out. That I'd know who I was. But I think that would make life boring. I don't think I imagined I would have life LESS figured out than when I did at age 8. But then again, life at 8 years old is far more simpler than life at 25. So in a way, I do have life figured out. An 8 year old's life, that is. I'm still figuring out life as I know it, though. And I'm okay with that. It's a good place to be.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. I totally felt that way about joining staff. After all of the anticipation of the last three years it did feel rather...anti-climatic. :P I *hope* getting engaged or getting married isn't like that...........:P Miss you Vanessa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy maternity leave Vanessa :)!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...