Wednesday, September 12, 2007

gimpy

I am an invalid.
Yesterday I had a treatment done on my foot that was extremely painful. I cried because the pain was so excruciating. Then I hobbled around everywhere.
I finally gave in last night and took some Tylenol (I've tried to avoid drugs since being pregnant) and that helped a lot. I had to take it to fall asleep but being pregnant and having to make 3 bathroom trips in one night with one foot when you're half-blind doesn't make for the best night sleep.
Today I decided I shouldn't go on campus. The pain has subsided somewhat, but I still can't walk on it. This morning I accidentally kicked the heel of my foot with my other foot and the pain was unbearable. So I'm trying to limit moving around in my house.
I wondered if this is preparation for asking for help, admitting that I can't do things on my own (I like to be fairly self-sufficient) and taking time to stop and slow down. So today when I woke up and my foot was still swollen and sore I figured staying home today would be a wise thing even though I felt bad about bailing out of my appointments. I hate cancelling on people - it's really hard for me to do because I think that it reflects poorly on my character. I think that sometimes I just have to know what I can and can't do and stop trying to prove that I'm a soldier and can tough it out.
Besides, no one wants to watch an 8 month pregnant woman hobble around a university campus. Nor do I want to damage any other muscles from walking awkwardly due to my inability to use both my feet the way they were created to be used.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh, I wonder where you got all that wisdom (and self-reliance)!! But good for you...enjoy, guilt-free!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...