Monday, August 6, 2007

G

I should have done this years ago.
I need to confess - I have/had a huge fear of driving tests. Which is why I didn't get my G licence until 3 days ago. I got a notice in the mail saying that my licence would expire in January and I needed to complete my G test before then. So I booked a test for the next day in Kitchener.
And I passed!
But before the jubilation and unbridled joy, I felt sick to my stomach, nervous, and I was definitely dreading taking this test. The reason is because in the past I have failed other driving tests. However, as my husband points out, this was because I didn't drive frequently and wasn't confident in what I was doing - so I failed. And probably rightly so.
Also...being pregnant I think helped my case.
And believe it or not, having no power steering got me out of backing into a parking spot (because I had previously cranked that wheel to do a 3 point turn and the instructor laughed out loud at me - "I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing with you." and then said he wouldn't make me do that again). All in all, an easy test and I'm so glad that is over with.
No more driving tests until I'm like...70 or something. Woot!

2 comments:

  1. This is a righteous post. I'm fortunate to be from Sask where we do one test and never have to think of it again. I'm glad you passed. I also hate driving tests. I failed my first one and dreaded the idea of taking another.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY YAY YAY for passing drivers' tests!

    Oh, man... I remember my parents' last car that didn't have power steering. I literally pulled muscles trying to parallel park that thing... and it was TINY!

    So funny driving test story from me ... mom told me to breathe like a pregnant woman to relax before my test ... ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...