Thursday, February 8, 2007

A plethora

This post will be quite eclectic in its topics as there a few different things I'd like to write about.

On an entirely random note...is it just me or does anyone else make words out of the author verification letters that you have to fill in to post a comment on certain blogs? I also think of words. I'm sure there are others out there just like me. Hmm...maybe I should make a Facebook group for that.

Moving on...

Today I am thankful to have a faithful, loving God who answers prayers. Well, I am always thankful for that, but today I just saw God so clearly answer a specific prayer and I thought to myself after the event while washing dishes, "Wow. God so clearly answered my prayer. Some could attribute it to other things, but I know I asked for these specific things and they happened! In the best possible way!"
It's good to thank God for answering our prayers. It's good to acknowledge the one who is the giver of every good and perfect gift. Especially answered prayers.

I got a crafty urge today. I need to have some kind of crafty outlet. As Kirsten and I discussed this I thought of all the wonderful things I could do; start scrapbooking again (it's been months), start crocheting again - I could crochet a toque!, learn to sew and make clothes for myself, learn to quilt (I am seriously considering taking up this "old lady" hobby), paint beautiful paintings on canvases (well, ok, they might not be beautiful), make jewellery...
So I have decided I need to take a sewing class so I can actually learn how to use my sewing machine so I can both learn to quilt as well as learn to make clothes for myself!

As Kirsten and I perused the aisles of Michaels and Bouclair I felt like I had no idea where to begin. I could spend HOURS in each of those stores. It was fun. And it made me want to buy masses of ribbon and paper. I love paper. Stationary, scrapbooking stuff, cards, I even was tempted to buy some stamps and take that up as a hobby. Dangerous stuff these craft stores!

Now I will eat some crackers and peruse the sewing courses available in Guelph!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...