Sunday, December 17, 2006

baking goddess

I just finished watching A Christmas Carol - the REALLY old version.
It was a truly festive evening as I sat on the couch with my hot chocolate and mini marshmallows and watched this old Christmas favourite.

And this afternoon I discovered the amazing smell of boiling a stick of cinnamon and orange peel with a bit of water. My apartment now smells incredible! And very festive. :)

I baked like a mad woman yesterday; I made Chewy Molasses-Spice cookies (my favourite of the bunch), Bittersweet Shortbread (made with huge chunks of bittersweet chocolate and pecans) and Peppermint chocolate cookies (which taste good but were extremely sticky and difficult to work with).
So it turns out that Martha (that's Martha Stewart of course!) really DOES know a thing or two about recipes - and Christmas recipes especially!
The Chewy Molasses-Spice cookies recipe I got from her website and you can get it too right here!
So enjoy and happy eating! :D

Sincerely - The Baking Goddess

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...