Tuesday, November 21, 2006

tomorrow

Tomorrow we leave for Tanzania.
As usual, I haven't started packing yet. Speaking of which - I need to switch my laundry.
Alright. Laundry switched and a tentative laying-out-of-clothes to be packed.
So we leave tomorrow.
I'm excited, actually. It'll be really good to see the gang and I'm looking forward to being able to encourage and minister to them. I feel like this is a time when you get tired and just want to slow down and so I hope that God will use me to bless and lift up the STINTers.
It's kinda funny to be getting out my shorts and tanks and t-shirts and thinking that in a few days I will be sweating my brains out.
Apparently it feelsl ike 40 degrees in Tanzania right now.
Good grief.
Celebrating Christmas in the summer is an interesting experience. The last time I did that was in 2000 when I was in Australia with some friends. It was much more laid back and much less commercial. We went surfing on Christmas morning. So bizarre!
I'm excited to surprise and delight the STINTers with some gifts and letters that will hopefully encourage them greatly!
I'm also glad that I had this past weekend to relax and just "be" so that I could let God minister to me after being so busy for the past 3 months.
All in all...I'm excited to be going to Tanzania tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. praying for a safe journey girl!
    woah... I started packing for *Ontario* last week!?! Guess I'm a bit of a planner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.

    Wait... what? How long you there for? I thought you were taking off for a year ...? Is that happening now... or later?

    Ooo.I like ellipses...

    Can you tell?


    All the best, and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...exciting indeed! It's too bad you can't bring me with you... *sigh* Have a blessed trip! I shall pray for your ministry there in the ensuing weeks:) Can't wait to hear all about it upon thy return!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...