Friday, May 12, 2006

learning

I have been learning so much lately! It has caused me to really think hard and critically about my life, my goals, my values, and what I want to do with my life and how I want to do it.
I've also been learning a lot about finances and trying to make right decisions with my money in a way that glorifies God and helps me to be the best steward of my money.
I'm reading a book called The Wealthy Barber by David Chilton. It's a bit drawn-out at some points as it is written in the form of a story, but I'm trying to get a handle on the key principles and put them into practice.
All this learning has caused me to have a forward momentum in all areas of my life - though some may be rolling forward faster than others, it has been a good (albeit repeated) lesson of "just doing it". Just go out and do things! As you do them, you'll gain momentum and it will be easier to continue in those things. I've already learned this lesson but as I practice it more and more it becomes more solid.
It's also pleasing to God, I think.
When I look back on my life, I want to be able to say as Paul did, "I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." (2 Tim. 4:7).
I want to go hard!
I don't want to waste my life.
The day I stop learning is a sad day indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...