Thursday, March 2, 2006

being flexible

I used to think that I was a flexible person. And I guess I am in some sense, but I've realized something about myself.
When I know of an event or something that will be happening in my life (I guess that is what an event is...duh) and I am planning on it happening, I'm pretty set on it happening and am disappointed if it doesn't, or I am flustered and frustrated when something else happens instead of what I had wanted.
For instance, a lot of my summer may now change. And I wasn't ok with that when I first thought about it. But I now know that I just need some time to mull on it a bit and more importantly, I need to be willing to go wherever God calls me. Even if it "messes" up my plans. And I need to be ok with that.
I am reminded of several verses:

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny
? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.
Matt. 10:29-31

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,[j] who[k] have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...