Monday, February 6, 2006

ponderings

Growing up. It's inevitable.
I was reminiscing with one of my close girlfriends from highschool about the "good old days". I liked the way she put it:

I just loved how I knew that every Wednesday, Friday night to Saturday night that I would have someone - but probably a group of my friends to hang out with. And it didn't matter where we hung out or what we did, we ALWAYS had fun.

It's so true! I told her that I feel blessed to have had such a wonderful season in my life.

But that's exactly what it was. A season in my life. A chapter in the book of my journey. And if I stayed in that place, it wouldn't be as rich and flavourful to look back upon.
And then we looked at where everyone is today. It's amazing actually to see where each of our lives has taken us. To look at who we thought would be the first to marry and see that they aren't. While the people we thought would be the last are happily married already.
To realize that we are all across the globe; China, Dominican Republic, North Carolina, Guelph, Sault Ste. Marie, and all across the GTA.
It's sad that life has taken us to different geographical locations but I don't think I'd have it any other way. I see how God is working in so many of their lives and using them for His glory.
I'd rather it be this way and us all be far apart than for us to live close by and be lukewarm and lackadaisical.
As the movie says, LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...