Friday, February 17, 2006

health


Changing a habit is hard. Changing more than one habit can be harder!
I finally decided that it was time to start making some healthy habits. Eating right, exercising, getting more sleep (that last one hasn't worked out so well) and so far it's hard, but good. I think it's like most things in life. Once you get the momentum going, it's a lot easier to keep up with it.
I still have the most ginormous sweet tooth and I think once in a while I may partake, but I think I need to make smart decisions and eat in a way that will benefit me in 20, 30, 40 years down the road instead of coming to a critical point in my health and having to start changing things then.
Life is meant to be lived. I used to think that meant I should indulge in sweets and wine and staying up late and all that fun stuff. But if you're dead or end up getting diabetes or something really serious, you're life at that point will be very much stifled. So I will treat myself every now and again, and continue to make smart choices with a perspective that goes much farther than today or tomorrow.
Well...I guess I better hit the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...