Tuesday, February 28, 2006

growth

Today I had the glorious opportunity to read and read and read.
I went on campus today with no meetings set up. So I settled myself in for a long winters nap - no wait. I didn't do that at all.
Ahem.
So I settled myself in a corner of the cafeteria and started reading, "7 Habits of Highly Effective People". For a synopsis and reflections on this book you can check out http://jamieunited.blogspot.com/2005/10/habit-1-be-proactive.html. I only got through chapter 1 of the prologue or whatever it was, but I am actually quite excited to dig deep into this potentially life changing book.
One main point that I took away that isn't necessarily new for me, is that I need to look within myself when confronted with conflict, challenging situations, trials or hard times and ask myself a few questions, "What 'lens' am I looking through to view this situation?", "Is there something about me that needs to change in order to best approach this conflict" etc....they are all inward questions that make one examine why we do what we do and who we really are deep down inside and what needs to change about ME as opposed to expecting the other party to change.
I already am looking forward to the process of growing emotionally.
I know it will be hard, but that's where, I realized, I have a hope and a confidence that I can change. Because I know it is not me doing it on my own, but I have a strength that comes from Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I keep meaning to read the book. Looks really interesting! I know my dad has it lying around somewhere, perhaps I should find it...

    btw. I thought the elephant poop picture from a couple days ago was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!
If you're commenting as "Anonymous" please make sure to sign your name under your comment so I know who you are!
Happy day to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...